Thursday, August 15, 2013

1st Grade | Here We Come


I can't believe it is happening, I have a first grader! Facebook has been plastered with back to school photos and I feel like a bit of a slacker since we haven't officially started yet. I can't nail down a good Monday to start so I am just going to have to pick a day and get going! I am really looking forward to this year.Our first week or so will consist of reviewing and getting in a routine.

1st Grade Curriculum:
we are continuing this and we BOTH love the program
Read alouds and books for her to read
the reading counterpart, again LOVE THIS
Copywork, often from scripture
Prescripts - Introduction to cursive, from Classical Conversations
I have never been strong at math. I am re-learning math along with my daughter. The abacus is used to reinforce the same lessons in a different way.
Spelling - All About Spelling Level 1
This actually came with our Primary Arts of Language Writing
Classical Conversations - will form our spine this year for Geography, History & Science
Geography- Europe and The World, the focus will be on location and tracing
Science - using the CC memory work about Ecology, Astronomy & Physical Science, we will delve deeper by learning additional information about our memory work. Also will be using Christian Liberty Press' Nature Reader
History - using CC as our spine we will be studying Pre-Reformation to Modern History. We will add to history with books from the library about certain subjects. We also will use our timeline from Classical Conversations to work on history.
Art - We may chase any art projects done at CC. She will also be taking piano lessons.
Bible - It took me some time to figure this out!! We will continue the Truth and Grace Memory Books working through scripture memory and A Catechism for Boys & Girls. We will also be reading through a bible story from The Child' Story Bible and getting and overview of the storyline of the Bible. I will be using The Bible Story Handbook as a teaching resource. We will follow up the story bible with the actual text out of the Bible.

I have a few things left I would like to plan before we get started. I still need to map out educational goals for the year. Create our read aloud list. Plan a few field trips for the fall.

Ready or not, 1st grade, here we come!

Linking up with:


and


No comments: