When I saw the Gratituesday post roll through my blog reader I knew immediately what I was grateful for and what my post would be about.
I am so very thankful for the church, Christs' bride, His redeemed people! I am especially grateful for our gathering of believers. As I mentioned on my about me page, my husband is an elder at our church and we are church planting with another family. We don't look like the typical church, we meet in a gymnasium/multi-purpose area at a local Christian school, we don't have Sunday School, we don't have children's church or youth groups, and we worship together as one big family. This isn't easy and it is hard to focus. We have little people who make a lot of noise (mine is the noisiest) and there are bigger little people who squirm an awful lot (my other is pretty wiggly)! We are a room filled with imperfect people seeking a Savior who is perfect!
![]() |
| Picture from The Big Picture Story Bible |
Our elders are currently preaching through the book of Acts. Last Sunday's sermon was from Acts 11:19-30 and titled The Grace Colored Church. The main point was that, "The Kingdom of God is not stagnant. Jesus is actively pouring out grace on the church as they remain faithful to Him." When I look around the room and I see the men, women and children present I see God's grace in our midst.
I see the lives He is changing, the truth He is imparting and the grace He is bestowing.
I am so grateful to be a part of a grace colored church, one where lives are being changed, accountability is being had, love is being manifested and sacrifices for one another are being made.
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


4 comments:
We used to belong to a church plant (that didn't make it -- we ended up closing down), and it was one of the neatest things I have ever experienced. We felt SO much like family. I miss the cohesiveness of our group, and how everyone knew... everyone else. Sweet memories. Enjoy this season!
It really is very refreshing!! Thank you for stopping by!
I love the title - A Grace Colored Church! My husband and I are in the process of teaching our church (which does have Sunday school provided and yet we still receive complaints) that accepting children comes from both sides. The parents preparing them beforehand and others choosing selfdiscipline in not letting themselves get distracted. It takes grace all round! May God continue to guide you, your husband and your church family.
Emma, we are definitely a work in progress :) I am thankful there is a lot of GRACE all around. Thank you for your encouragement!
Post a Comment