A whole month has passed since I updated about school and life. I have sat down often to start a post but it just hasn't happened. We are slowly getting back into a groove and finding our rhythm. Because I don't want to forget here is our monthly wrap - up!
We also played LOTS and LOTS of games!
After being stuck in side due to super cold temperatures we took advantage of the 40 degree day and loaded up the bicycles and headed to the playground.
We did make a fun trip out of town to see friends. We cruised part of Route 66 on the way home and stopped by Pop's and The Round Barn in Arcadia, OK.
We got to peek at our newest addition, coming in July 2014. We did cap off the week with art class where Miss K made pinch pots. She will get to paint them next month.
Here we are creating our Bible story timeline.
Reading Eggs & Math Seeds
Bible time with daddy, calm amidst the chaos!
Read alouds and nap time
School on the couch all cozy and warm
brother keeping himself entertained :)
Did January look anything like I wanted it to or expected, no way! However, I am abundantly thankful!
Week of January 6th
This was our first week back and out 17th week of school. We are back to reading out Child's Story Bible for Bible time and we are continuing with our scripture memory and catechism questions. As a church we are reading through the Bible this year using the Reading God's Story plan and our pastors are preaching through the plan. I am "roughly" trying to keep our Bible reading for school in similar places so that the Miss K has had an introduction to the text before Sunday and will know the storyline of the Bible. We are also reading through Alice in Wonderland. I found a beautifully illustrated version that we gave as a gift for Christmas and it is keeping even the little guys attention. ended up with a snow day from CC on Tuesday so that means we were able to try the kids sleds they got for Christmas. I am thankful our back yard has a GREAT sledding hill.We also played LOTS and LOTS of games!
After being stuck in side due to super cold temperatures we took advantage of the 40 degree day and loaded up the bicycles and headed to the playground.
Week of January 13th
It is funny how quickly a schedule can change. As much as I had planned for an "intense" week of school I woke up Monday morning with a screaming headache that lasted most of the day. Between a few obligations and appointments the week slipped away. We focused on math and CC review.We did make a fun trip out of town to see friends. We cruised part of Route 66 on the way home and stopped by Pop's and The Round Barn in Arcadia, OK.
Week of January 20th
Another week that didn't seem to go as planned but was nonetheless a blessing!We got to peek at our newest addition, coming in July 2014. We did cap off the week with art class where Miss K made pinch pots. She will get to paint them next month.
Here we are creating our Bible story timeline.
Week of January 27th
Looked a lot like this :)Reading Eggs & Math Seeds
Bible time with daddy, calm amidst the chaos!
Read alouds and nap time
School on the couch all cozy and warm
brother keeping himself entertained :)
Did January look anything like I wanted it to or expected, no way! However, I am abundantly thankful!









2 comments:
I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.
Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment