We just wrapped up our first day of first grade! We are just reviewing and sharpening our skills from where we left off. It was a fun day for all and we let little brother in on the action!
We started off with Bible over breakfast. That consisted of a pre-creation story from The Child's Story Bible and scripture & catechism review from Truth & Grace Memory books. We also all said something we were thankful for and wrote it on the chalkboard.
Brother joined in for a little bear sorting action.
Sister worked hard on reviewing basic addition and solving for the unknown. Writing her upper & lower case letters. Reading/reviewing words & sounds we have previously learned and reading some short readers aloud to me! She worked really hard today, I can tell we are out of practice on somethings!
And of course there are first day of school pictures! (I usually just use my camera on auto for snapshots but I pulled out the big camera for these!)
Brother, being brother!! :) See that nerf gun in his pocket, it is his new fixation! He usually has something with him, guitar picks, a "game", nerf gun... he is napping with it as we speak! My ornery, silly, sweet boy!
Sweet sister! She loves fiercely, is passionate about life, loves to create, bounces wherever she goes, and a song is always on her lips!
I am one blessed momma!
Linking up with:
and





6 comments:
Adorable students!!
Popping in from the blog hop.
Cute kids and awesome photography skills. Here from the blog hop!
Sweet!! We're just getting warmed up over here--my oldest is 4.
Thank you Gabby for stopping by my blog! Getting warmed up is a great thing, we did the same thing at 4!
Thanks Amanda I sure think they are cute :) Thank you for stopping by my blog!
Thank you Stefanie!
Post a Comment