Thursday, September 19, 2013

Geography Flags | Classical Conversations Review

I mentioned a few weeks ago one way I wanted to enrich our CC Memory Work was by using the flag of the country during review. 


I think for us the first review day needs to be regular geography review and then the second or third day we can use the flags.

I used small craft sticks and tape to put the flags on the stick and sticky tack to make them stand upright on our Trivium Tables. I may try hot glue with the next set I need to make.

I did upload this to C3 in case anyone is interested. It is under Cycle 2 - All Weeks - Geography or my username is KaraGuffey. There is a pdf format and a doc format if you wish to re-size the flags.

If you end up using these please let me know how they work for you!

Linking up with:

Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood      Hip Homeschool Hop Button

7 comments:

Brandy Ferrell said...

Very cute idea, Kara! Thank you for sharing with the CC Weekly Link-Up!


Blessings!
Brandy

Kara said...

Thank you Brandy! :) I am so thankful for the link up, helps to keep me encouraged and creative :)

Jenn said...

I LOVE this! I think that my foundations guy will really enjoy adding this to geography! I will have to go to CC online and downlaod it! Saw that you are from OK but living in the ozarks ~ me too! Thanks for the great resource! :) Jenn @ Teaching2Stinkers.blogspot.com

Kara said...

Nice to "meet" another relocated OK :) I hope your little guy enjoys the flags. I realized I needed to make sure she knew the locations first THEN add the flags on day 2-4 of review.

Jenn said...

Well, actually an "arkie," and not an "okie," but definitely living in the Ozarks!!! ; )


That's a good tip to make sure they know where the actual locations are first! It sounds like common sense, but it literally just DAWNED on me that I need to be showing him the locations each week during review instead of just listing them! Ouch! Glad I caught on to that in Week 4 and not week 24!!!

Kara said...

Tracing is what we really need to implement, I think when the subject is a European country/city we will trace Europe and when the focus is other than Europe we will trace the continents. I start by working on the color map and then the black line and then our big wall map. I am amazed she can translate the locations on different maps. The other day I asked her what water was between England and France and after a few seconds she realized it was the English Channel. Love those light bulb moments!!

Digital Marketing Delhi said...

This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!