I have had a little more time to think and plan and things are beginning to come together. We are not starting here until September and will probably go through November. Baby #2 is due in early December so we will take December and January off and maybe February.
Here is my lesson plan book & a few of my resources:
The only "formal" curriculum I will be using will be Handwriting Without Tears PreK Book. After reading various reviews and speaking with people I felt like it would be a good fit for me and Kyla. I am looking for her to show a few more signs of readiness before we begin but I think she will really enjoy it once we get started.
I am also going to be using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. It was given to me and I have heard great things about it too, we we are going to give it a shot!
Above and beyond that there will be weekly trips to the library for story time and to check out books and play on the computer. Puzzles will be put together and games will be played. You can see my post of manipulatives here. These will be things we will be using daily. Thrown in with small unit studies (i.e. milk comes from cows, let's go to a dairy and see cows being milked. She thinks milk comes from the grocery store :) ). I also have plenty of the cheap work books to work on counting, cutting, coloring, dot to dot... you get the picture.
Since Kyla is still young my hope is that her and I can get into a schedule of sorts and begin to take steps toward more intentional school in the next 2-3 years. This is what my lesson plan book looks like, it has 8 squares to go with my toddler/preschool schedule. I plan to schedule at least 3 days a week.
There are two things that will happen daily, Bible & Calendar time. I am still working on my calendar wall, it will include the day of the week and the weather. During that time daily we will review catechism questions from the A Catechism for Boys and Girls (you can download it free here or here) (here is another great resource, Truth & Grace Memory Books) and review scripture memory. We will also read for a story Bible (The Big Picture Bible, Read Aloud Bible Stories, My ABC Bible Verse, The Jesus Storybook Bible, or Leading Little Ones to God).
In a nutshell, that is how preschool will look for us! Thanks for looking!
This is linked up to the Preschool Corner, for other WONDERFUL preschool/homeschool ideas click below!



3 comments:
This all looks just WONDERFUL! I think you are going to have a great year- we've really enjoyed the handwriting book here too!! Congratulations on your next baby! I pray all will go well.
I'm so glad I found you through Preschool Corner, what a sweet blog you have (your little Kyla is SO cute!!)
I'm looking into the without tears handwriting book as well. Looks like you have a good battle plan!
I would love to know how old your child was when you started this plan! Thank you!!
Post a Comment