Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Favorites

I have a few favorite things I have been wanting to share. 
I love reading blogs and I go through seasons where I read more of certain "categories" Feedly has really simplified my reading and made it  enjoyable. There is also an ipad app, which is really user friendly! 

Plan to Eat

Simple Meal Planning - Plan to Eat


I am a horrible menu planner. Okay that is an exaggeration, I go through seasons but I am overall a bad meal planner. I would like to get to the point of making my meal plans once a month. Shopping once a month (we buy some of our food from a coop I would love to be able to know what I am cooking so I can stay out of the grocery store!) is a goal of mine! I have been reading about Plan to Eat for a number of years and finally decided to try it! I love it! Here are some highlights of why I like it:
  • 30 day free trial! Try before you buy!
  • I use LOTS and LOTS of online recipes, there is a bookmarklet feature that allows you to easily copy and paste recipes online. 
  • Easy menu planning with drag and drop features. 
  • You can have "friends" and share recipes. 
  • All my recipes can be (will be if I can get sit down long enough to enter some) in one accessible place. 
  • Decide you can't afford it or want a year off? You can export your recipes!  
  • Seem to quickly answer questions or their facebook page which means great customer service.
  • You can become an affiliate if you wish!
It does cost money, it is either $39.00 a year or there is a monthly option. Give it a try! If you click on one of the links above and decide you want to subscribe I will get a small kick back. You can read about become an affiliate yourself. When I signed up I found a coupon code from Heavenly Homemakers.  

Van's Natural Foods - Crackers


We have moved away from so many processed snacks but with small kiddos it is nice to have easy snacks on hand. We are also giving a gluten free diet a go for awhile so these are an awesome snack to have on hand. They have made going gluten free much easier! 


For When You Don't Like Being a Mom

I was blessed and encouraged by this blog post yesterday. It might not be for you today but tuck it away for when you have "one of those days!" I know it blessed many others when I shared it on facebook yesterday! 

Have a fantastic weekend!  


1 comment:

Our Family for His Glory said...

Thank you, Kara! I appreciate your kind words. :) Have a blessed day!
~Jessica