pur·pose
I don't always live on purpose. That may seem like a funny thing to say because I am not trying to die... well except to myself so I can live to Christ. But you get what I am saying. Many days I just roll with it... I have my to do list, our lesson plans, and the mundane chores that have to get done. (For some reason my husband thinks he needs socks.... and they need to be clean!) But I don't live with a purpose in mind.noun
- the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
- a person's sense of resolve or determination.
- a particular requirement or consideration, typically one that is temporary or restricted in scope or extent.
verb
- have as one's intention or objective.
My husband called me on his way to work this morning and he was sharing something the Lord was teaching him and it really jumped out to me. It was this verse,
"So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom."Psalm 90:12
Why should we number our days? Because they are short!! If our days our short and we are truly only given today, shouldn't we make it count? But how? When I think about God's word I come back to two commands,
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Matthew 22:37-39
Life on purpose means loving God and loving others. Loving God first, frees me to love others. God is teaching me a lot about abiding in Him and that bearing fruit comes by abiding in Christ.
Life on purpose for me as a wife means I am loving my husband as I love myself. I am seeking to respect him, honor him, encourage him and submit to him. Me, as a wife on purpose means making sure the socks are clean and easily accessible (i.e. not in the bottom of the sock basket or dryer!). It means finding joy in being his helper in whatever life brings.
Life on purpose for me as a mom means I am loving my kiddos more than myself. It means that I am attentive to their needs, wants and desires. It means slowing down long enough to really look them in the eyes when we are talking. It means I am continually showing them Christ's love by loving them well. Loving well takes time and effort. Life on purpose means I am willing to take the time and effort it takes to love them well.
Purpose doesn't happen by chance, it is not some random act. It is planned and intentional with a goal an objective in mind.
I am resolved to live with purpose, to love God and others!
Will you join me?
linked up with:
Life on purpose means loving God and loving others. Loving God first, frees me to love others. God is teaching me a lot about abiding in Him and that bearing fruit comes by abiding in Christ.
I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.Life on purpose for me as a follower of Jesus means I am denying myself and following Him. I am seeking to abide in Christ by learning more about Him through the Word, by hiding Gods word in my heart that I may not sin, and by trusting that He is working for good. On purpose means living by faith.
John 15:5
Life on purpose for me as a wife means I am loving my husband as I love myself. I am seeking to respect him, honor him, encourage him and submit to him. Me, as a wife on purpose means making sure the socks are clean and easily accessible (i.e. not in the bottom of the sock basket or dryer!). It means finding joy in being his helper in whatever life brings.
Life on purpose for me as a mom means I am loving my kiddos more than myself. It means that I am attentive to their needs, wants and desires. It means slowing down long enough to really look them in the eyes when we are talking. It means I am continually showing them Christ's love by loving them well. Loving well takes time and effort. Life on purpose means I am willing to take the time and effort it takes to love them well.
Purpose doesn't happen by chance, it is not some random act. It is planned and intentional with a goal an objective in mind.
I am resolved to live with purpose, to love God and others!
Will you join me?
linked up with:





6 comments:
test
This really lifted my heart, when I needed it the most. Beautiful, brilliant writing.
Ashley from http://theheartofashley.blogspot.com/
I am so glad my random ramblings bless you :) seriously! Thanks for taking the time to say so!
I enjoyed your post! I, like you, want to live my life with purpose. If we don't do that, we may end up failing to do the important things--like loving our families, sharing Christ, and those "everyday" kinds of things that God has called us to do. It's so easy to get sidetracked! I appreciated your reminder. And thank you for linking up with us on our Hip Homeschool Hop. :) Be sure to come see us on Facebook if you have questions or if we can help support you as you homeschool!
Thanks Wendy for stopping by the blog and taking the time to say hello!! :) Have a great week!
I certainly agree to some points that you have discussed on this post. I appreciate that you have shared some reliable tips on this review.
Post a Comment