Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pulling out Weeds


Tonight as Daddy and Miss K were doing their Bible story I heard K say, "God is pulling the weeds out of my heart." She was happy and excited that God is working in her life! I praise God for the work HE is doing in her life. I have seen a change in her and a desire to know God and serve Him. 

That simple sentence brought about conviction in my life. 

The truth is, I am complacent with my weeds! I have made little effort in "pulling out the weeds" and have done next to nothing to prepare the soil for what God intends to plant and grow in my life!

I thank God He is working in my life to reveal my weeds so I can lay them at His feet and continue to uproot them!

---------------------------

Things are going well on the homeschool front. I feel blessed that I get to homeschool! Really, we are just getting our feet wet and there are day I feel like we should get more done, then I remind myself this is just preschool! I am trying to cultivate a love for learning and learning together! 

A good helpful read for those of us just getting started over at Confessions of A Homeschooler

----------------------------

One of the fun things we have been doing is soccer! Miss K had her first game this past Saturday and it was a blast! She had a great time and her little team did GREAT! I am officially a soccer mom! 

We installed (okay I use the term "we" loosely, my dad and mom) screen doors in our home and it is really helping to get awesome fall breeze through our living room! I feel so blessed to have my parents so close that they can help us do things like hang screen doors! 
----------------------------

A few pictures of the kiddos, it had been awhile since I had taken them outside and got some photos :)








If you are stopping by from the Hip Homeschool Hop, please say Hi so I can check out your blog!! 

Hip Homeschool Hop Button

4 comments:

Amy S said...

Wow .... How amazing. I love when our kids say things that make us think so long and hard about our own hearts.... BEAUTIFUL photos! :)

Mandy said...

okay#1. thanks for visitng me and your encouraging words:)

#2. we like ALL the same movies, seriously, there isn't one on your bio page i don't adore;)

#3. you are AMAZING at your photo editing!!!!!and your daughter's words were so precious!

blessings!

Savannah McQueen said...

Beautiful children and pictures!

PrairieJenn said...

What beautiful words from your sweet daughter! Your photos are fantastic:) We just started a second soccer season here. Though I never thought I'd be a soccer mom, I'm really enjoying it. I love to watch my girls play:)