Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Priceless!


Daddy went to check and see if she was asleep last night and this is what we found. She doesn't know how to read yet but she often wants to take her Bible to bed with her to "read" before bed! Yes, it is upside down! No, that is not a big deal! :) I am praying God will give her a love for His Word that runs so deep in her soul she will feast on it always! 

Here is a great read: Homeschool Blindspots by Reb Bradley. It is really a great parental read regardless of your schooling preference. 
To whet your appetite, here is an excerpt from the conclusion. 
"I am convinced that the most contagious parenting is living a heartfelt faith before your children. Fruitful interaction is not about what you do to your young people, but who you are with them. It's about having a real faith in God, and expressing it in a real relationship with a real person--not about methods and self-working principles. God intends that the side-effect of loving Jesus and enjoying the grace of the gospel will be that all people--including our children--will be touched by the Savior in us."

If you are visiting, say hi so I can visit you! 
I would love to hear if you read the article and your thoughts :)
Happy Tuesday!

linking up with :
Hip Homeschool Hop Button

2 comments:

MissMOE said...

Great pic! And quote. I once had a dear friend tell me that one can tell how parents act in the home by watching how children play. Who were really are will be mimiced by our children.

Kara said...

so so true, there are times I am ashamed by how she plays... thankful God's mercies are new every day.