linking up with
If you are coming from the link up, please say HI so I can visit your blog too!
In my life this week...
I survived week 4 of Classical Conversations attended week #2 of Bible Study Fellowship and recuperated from my 10 year class reunion.
In our homeschool this week…
We are continuing on with our memory work, adding new letters to
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
my parents are headed into town today! My mom visits often, it is rare my dad visits so we are extra excited :) and Miss K's FIRST soccer game tomorrow!
My favorite thing this week was…
Homeschool wise, when Kyla ASKED to do handwriting after it being such a HUGE ordeal a few weeks ago!
What’s working/not working for us…
Reviewing our memory work in the car and on the fly (think the local restaurant over lunch!). Not working, our calendar time... I need to make it a priority
I’m reading…
I finished The Gift, I started A Praying Life by Paul Miller.
I’m cooking…
not a lot, our stove is out. Hoping my dad can get it fixed this weekend!
I’m grateful for…
A faithful God whom I can trust! We received some news this week that causes me to RUN to my savior and cling to HIM. Right where I should be!
I’m praying for…
Peace, understanding, wisdom, and faith!
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
From A Praying Life by Paul Miller
"A praying life feels like our family mealtimes because prayer is all about relationship. It's intimate and hints at eternity. We don't think about communication or words but about whom we are talking with. Prayer is simple the medium through which we experience and connect to God. Oddly enough, many people struggle to learn how to pray because they are focusing on praying, not on God. Making prayer the center is like making conversation the center of a family mealtime. In prayer, focusing on the conversation is like trying to drive while looking at the windshield instead of through it. It freezes us, making us unsure of where to go. Conversation is only the vehicle through which we experience one another. Consequently, prayer is not the center of this book. Getting to know a person, God, is the center.""Deep in our psyches we want an experience with God or an experience in prayer. Once we make that our quest. we lose God.You don't experience God; you get to know him. You submit to him. You enjoy him. He is, after all, a person."
2 comments:
Stopping by from the journal :) love the excerpt you added!!!! such great things to think about! thanks for that! have a blessed weekend!
Hi:) Just stopping by from Homeschool Mother's Journal. It's nice to "meet" you. Thanks for sharing your week!
Post a Comment