Friday, September 30, 2011

Weekly Journal

linking up with

The Homeschool Mother's Journal 


if you are visiting please say hi, I would love to stop by your blog and "meet" you!


In my life this week…

I survived... no seriously that is how it felt some days but as I sit here on Friday evening I am greatly refreshed by the Lord and His grace this week. My week didn't look anything like I planned it buy exactly as HE had in mind! 


In our homeschool this week…

We worked on our CC memory work from week 5. We went to the library and got some books to read to go along with our History Sentences. Kyla read the second Bob Books and we finished all the letters in Handwriting Without Tears. We practiced today by writing in salt. 

My favorite thing this week was…

Kyla's first soccer game last weekend. She had such a blast and it was very entertaining! :) My parents also came to visit and go to her game. We purchased a screen door for the front and my parents bought us a sliding screen door, hello airflow! I am incredibly blessed!

What’s working/not working for us…

Not having a schedule or goals! I am hoping to sneak away a bit on Monday to plan and lay out a plan! 
Questions/thoughts I have…

How much should I do for K4? I know it should be fun and teaching her a love for learning but that comes naturally to her... how far do I push, how much do I give her! 

Considering reading The Core: Teaching Your Child the Foundations of Home-Centered Education or Echo in Celebration: A Call to Home-Centered Education 
Any recommendations on which one? I have read some of The Well Trained Mind

Things I’m working on…

A chore chart, I cannot seem to find the time to get one done and photography session! 

I’m reading…

A Praying Life by Paul Miller 

A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
Here is Kyla working with Salt today and I wanted to sneak in and get a sweet sleeping photo of brother and he had just woke up! 




1 comment:

Oiralinde said...

That is a great picture of your son! Lol! My K4 is doing a few "sit down" activities a day. We work on handwriting, phonics, and Bible story. It usually takes an hour or less to do the sit down activities, and we do tons of "unschooling" activities for education without him knowing it.