When Justin and I were first married we lived in Louisville, KY where he was in seminary. At that time we noticed MANY families home schooled. We didn't give it much thought until we really got to know some of the families and their children and it really altered our view on home schooling and what it looks like.
We made a decision pre children that we would homeschool.
Here are some of the reasons we made that decision:
we believe God has called US to educate our children, even if only for a season
we want to educate them from a Christian worldview
we want them to receive a solid, well grounded, well rounded education
the opportunity to teach my children to be salty, so they can truly be salt and light
Some things I LOVE about homeschooling:
- the ratio, as of now it is 1:1
- the speed, we can go as fast or slow as we want to. If the concept is learned quickly we can move on, if not we can focus and work on mastery.
- it is tailored to my child's learning style.
- I love my kids being at home!!
I realize these are not earth shattering reasons but alas, they are ours!
linking up with


3 comments:
Nice to meet you! Thank you for leaving a comment on my site! I'm always impressed when I find a family that decides to homeschool before children - good for you! I wish that I had my act together prior to the babies :) BTW, love your idea of drinking sweet tea from a mason jar - I may have to buy us a couple of those and make it a treat.
Great vision and reasons for homeschooling! I grew up homeschooled, as did my hubby, so we already knew that was what we would do, but we've only really just nailed down our reasons, which are similar to yours :0) (visiting from Hip Homeschool Hop)
I sure recognize your reasons for homeschooling.
I'm sad to only have one of 4 children left at home...dreading that she is officially high school this year and I only get 4 more years with her including this one.
I would love nothing more than to homeschool my grandchildren, 5 of which are currently living with us. Alas, their father says no---"they need the socialization of public school" I sure can't convince him that you don't go to school to socialize! Not to mention there is plenty of socializing available within the church activites and homeschool group activities. sigh.....
Post a Comment