Thursday, September 01, 2011

Meal Planning Helps

I confess, cooking isn't something I love! There I said it! Meal planning is something I love even less. However, it must be done to keep everyone healthy and happy! 

One thing that helps me is when my menu is cute and laid out how I like it! I am not one to re-invent the wheel so after many internet searches I found one that is cute and perfect for us. I do not like to plan out breakfasts, lunches and snacks. A list of options to pick from is awesome for me and my family. When I came across this adorable weekly meal plan calendar it was perfect for me! I love the bottom, "save money, live generously." which is something my husband and I are really trying to implement. 



Now that my cute menu is in place I needed a practical grocery shopping list. My list often consists of a scratch piece of paper with my groceries written down by meal ingredient not section of store. OFTEN I would  get to the front of the store and look over my list and realize I forgot something at the back of the store (I know you have all been there!) and because dragging two kiddos to the back of the store to get the ONE thing I forgot is not fun, I check out only to return to the store again and end up buying stuff I do not need! After searching the internet I found a few I liked but eventually tweaked one for myself. It is nothing special but it is divided into sections like dairy, deli, cereal, pasta, frozen... Here it is as a pdf

Our grocery budget is not huge but I am attempting to buy two weeks worth of groceries at a time in an effort to save money. 

I am always looking for ideas, what are been some of your best meal planning tips? Any grocery shopping tips? How about recipes?!? 

1 comment:

Joanne Bischof said...

Meal planning is such a good idea. I wish I were more consistant at it! I know grocery shopping for me would be so much easier if I organized my list by section. Seems I always run back and forth about ten times!