Saturday, February 06, 2010

Saturdays are for Sundays

Sundays can be a hectic day for most christian families. How can you truly enter the house of the Lord and worship him in Spirit and Truth when you have pulled teeth to wake up children, rushed around to get everyone fed, and perhaps argued all the way to church because someone made you late!!

I have really tried to make an effort since we moved to MO to be early to church and to make Saturdays a day to prepare for Sunday. Justin many times studies and Kyla and I hang out most of the day anyways. I have started picking up the house, and thinking about Sunday meals. Sunday nights are devoted to pressing clothes or at least laying them out. I take time to look over any lessons I may be teaching and any food I need to prepare for potlucks or fellowships. If need be I help Justin so that he is prepared to feed the sheep on Sunday morning!

I have found that by preparing on Saturday, Sundays are less crazy and the focus can be placed on who it should be on, Jesus Christ.
What are some of your preparations on Saturday night??

1 comment:

Michelle "Picklewart" said...

Just saw this one Kara. This is such a good post. Sundays really can be difficult to keep it all together and enter His house with a worshipful heart. We too have began trying not to schedules outings or other things on Sat nights so that we can have things prepared for our 8 AM arrival to church on Sun mornings. All children get bathed, clothes laid out, bags packed, and Sun lunch prep considered. Boy has it made my life so much easier!