Yesterday was a great and hard day all in one!!
Yesterday morning was wonderful, Kyla and I cuddled lots and played and enjoyed one another! Do to waking up late I knew a nap would not happen because we have to be at the church by 3:30 for our after school program. It usually presents problems but we deal!! After 3 hours of 15 Kindergardeners (bless them) and one toddler I was one frazzled lady!! On Wednesday's I also watch our associate pastors daughter so that her mommy can minister beside her husband, and besides she and Kyla are good friends! On our way home from the church to our house where I was about to babysit I asked Kyla to pray with me. We prayed for calmness of mind and grace to parent the rest of the evening.
What I failed to pray for was listening ears and a loving heart for my little girl. After a short amount of time with her friend Kyla found herself in her bed due to hitting her friend! Needless to say what stared as a good day ended with a very tired two year-old and cranky momma! We both went to bed early!
Knowing I had failed in many ways as a parent cause me to cling more to the truth of the gospel and rest in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
I was exhorted, encouraged and challenge to take the great commandment seriously!
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
2 comments:
This was a GREAT post Kara! THANK YOU!
Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.
Post a Comment