Friday, February 26, 2010

My Little Birder

As I shared on Monday we purchased a bird feeder and have since enjoyed sitting at the window and waiting for the birds to come. Miss K tells me, "momma the birds are on their way" and "the birds are so excited!" A very wonderful church member also bought us a feeder and brought over some black sunflower seeds, so now we have two feeders!! Today was the first day I saw a bird on the feeder. I have seen birds under the feeder and in the tree, but today I saw two different birds on the feeder. 


The photo to the far right is either a Black-capped chickadee or a Carolina Chickadee. The middle photo I am sure you all recognize, it is a male and female Northern Cardinal, they come by so frequently I am starting to recognize their voice. Also today I saw a Blue-Jay in the tree (with a very distinctive sound), and on the feeder it was either a House Finch or a Purple Finch. I am hoping to find some binoculars to borrow for awhile so I can determine what exactly these birds are. If you are interested in learning about the birds or their voice just click on the names and it takes you to an awesome Bird Website!
My sweet girl is just as excited as I am, lastnight daddy and I went on a much needed date and we came home with her new binoculars and a book about backyard birds, so her and I can look them up and learn more about them!! 

Thats all of the adventures in Birding :) 
Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.