I committed to getting up at 6:30 am for 28 days in the hopes of creating a lifelong pattern where first thing I am seeking the Lord, sitting at His feet and dwelling at the cross. By ordering my day this way I know I will better serve my husband and daughter! I have no doubt this is necessary for me, but let me assure you, it has been ROUGH! I am not, nor have I ever been an early riser. Monday was okay, but I laid down from 8-9 am until Kyla woke up. Yesterday, she woke up at 6:45, so she sat on the couch with me while I finished reading and then we went to my bed. This morning I awoke and spent some time with the Lord and I had a headache so I took some tylenol and laid down and listened to a lecture about Mother and Daughters given by Carolyn Mahaney until I fell asleep.
The goal is to get up and stay up, and then take a power nap in the afternoon!! That is the end to which I am going. I have no doubt that by centering my day around the cross things will go more smoothly and my sin will be put into perspective in the finished work of Jesus Christ!
2 comments:
Way to go Kara! That is awesome! Now that my boys are a little older we take time in the morning for devotions where they sit and "read" their Bibles and that is my time with the Lord too. It's so precious sharing time like that with your kiddos--so even when Kyla woke up early on Tuesday, it's neat you still made the Lord your priority and modeled that to her!
thanks Grace! Your so right! I had been doing my reading at night and I would take a few minutes out and tell her what I was doing and go read while she spent time with daddy. What is funny is that lastnight she asked me if I was going to go read my bible :) it really is the little things they pick up on!
Post a Comment