Monday, February 22, 2010

Musings Monday

First installment of Musings Monday! (not sure there will be a second but we shall see!)

~ Monday's around here are for slow moving! Mondays we recuperate from Sundays!
~ I like bird watching!! After seeing these beautiful bluebirds last week in our yard I decided we needed a bird feeder in our yard!


~ Apparently Kyla is the Bird Whisperer, because when buying our bird feeder today she informed me that "the birds are so EXCITED!"
~ To be honest, I am not sure who spent more time at the window today staring at the feeder, me or her! 
~ I was thrilled to see these dry erase crayons today for Kyla's white board! 
~ I just cooked dinner and I wish I had skillets with lids, I am pretty sure that will be on my Christmas list for 2010
~ Justin and I have been talking about ways to spend less and give more and I am excited to be more frugal in some areas. For example making things I know I can make, like hand soap, laundry detergent, using less paper goods, and eating at home more!! 
~ I think I enjoy Kyla's new "To Be Like Jesus" CD than she does! (currently $5.00 for the mp3 download!)
~ Has enjoyed thinking on "The Heaven declare the glory of God and the skies proclaim the works of his hands!" Psalm 19:1 (which you can sing to the tune of here we go around the mulberry bush, I learned that lastnight be teaching our preschoolers :) ) and yes, if you are wondering, I have been walking around singing that today :) 

Hope you had a happy Monday!


1 comment:

Michelle "Picklewart" said...

The title track on that CD is rockin'!! And I think we should sing Gentle Like Jesus as a congregation on Sunday mornings. Good stuff Kara. I also noticed they have accompaniment tracks for all those songs. Hmmmmmm... maybe a kids choir performance in the future? Everyone would LOVE the title track song!! :-)