My friend Victoria @ Creative Homekeeper is so good about writing her kiddos letters and keeping a memory journal... let's just say I am not good at either of those things! I have good intentions... I bought a journal when I was pregnant with my first that I wrote in throughout both pregnancies and I have tried to add to it as they get bigger but often life just gets in the way.
I was looking through some really old blog posts and came across some reflections on motherhood when my oldest was two months old. I realized I need to make it a priority to reflect on the good gifts God has given me in my children and I do not want to forget or take for granted the ordinary moments that so quickly pass.
about my son...
- Your big blue eyes, curly blonde hair and sweet pink lips melt my momma heart daily!
- When you want to be held you say "I want to hold you!"
- You don't have a shy bone in your body but lately you like to hug my leg when something is new and you are uncertain, secretly I love it!
- You are passionate, my goodness, zealous for life is more like it!
- You love music!!! Very few things cause you to slow down but an instrument stops you in your tracks!
- You can recite Genesis 1:1 and you answer every catechism question "glorify God!"
- You take your little Elmo guitar to church weekly and "play" along. Your stack of picks is growing because people know you love them! Just today "Mr. Thomas" gave you a capo and you came running to me with guitar and capo in hand saying "mommy look a capo!"
- You hate having boogers and ask for a napkin to wipe them.
- You often call me and dad, momma and dada and we love it!!
- You are sooooooo demanding!! I often think of you as a two foot tyrant but you are doing a good job of letting momma teach you to say please and thank you and ask kindly!
- The most exciting part of your day is when you hear the garage door open and you greet daddy with a double leg hug!!
- When you wake up in the morning or from a nap you are usually happy. Our normal routine is for you to jump on your bed a few times then into my arms and momma squeezes you tight and kisses your sweet cheeks!
- All you have to dress up in is your sisters dress up clothes so you can be seen sporting a Supergirl costume around the house regularly.
- Your sweet little voice and ever expanding vocabulary cause me to laugh at least daily!
- My prayer for you is that you will come to know the Lord and follow Him with your whole heart! That you will be zealous for the Lord and the Truth!
about my daughter....
- You are the one that made me a mommy, therefore you are my guinea pig! You are so patient with me as I navigate the waters of motherhood and so willing to forgive me for my many blunders!
- I love to hear you speak because your learning how to pronounce things again since your teeth are reappearing in your mouth!!
- God is really working in your life. Your daddy and I see a heart that loves God.
- You love to sing! You sing around the house all the time. You make up your own music and listening to your lyrics makes my heart happy.
- You always think you are right. Our prayer is that you will stand that firm on the Truth, always!
- You are the BEST big sister ever! Seriously, I pray brother knows how blessed he is because daddy and I see how much you love him.
- You love to create! If I let you have glitter everyday you would find something to make sparkle! I believe God gave you this gift and we desire so very much to cultivate a love of beautiful things in your life.
- There are moments when my eyes get a little wet when I think how quickly time is passing with you! That curly hair and those big brown eyes get me all the time!
- I love that you love to go on dates with daddy and me! It is one of your favorite things!
- You always want to cuddle before bed and I often try to make that happen!
- You too are a passionate individual and I am thankful for your zeal for life.
- Lately you have shown interest in figuring things out, you are mechanically minded and like to see it for yourself.
- You are reading things left and right and starting to enjoy the task of reading things.
- You are my helper and want to be where I am doing what I am! You love to cook, cleaning is not your favorite thing to do but you are always willing to help!
- My prayer for you is that you will know God and keep following after Him. That you will trust Him explicitly and not get sidetracked by the world and it's empty promises.
"children are a heritage from the Lord" - Psalm 127:3
I am thankful for my heritage!
linking up with Better Mom's Link Up



8 comments:
You and your kiddos rock (oh and I guess Justin too!) :) So thankful for you as a friend!
I LOVE this idea. I just may need to grab it and do it for my kids as well. To never forget.
I would be delighted to have you share this with our group of moms. Stop by to be encouraged as we have a guest post splashing us all in God's goodness. And as always, I would be crazy honored to have you link up.
Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.
http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/09/thank-goodness.html
Thanks Sara for stopping by! I joined the link up! :)
you rock Annie ;)
so glad you did. I scribble some notes each Monday. But its a link up whenever you can kind of thing. I totally get the filled to the brim momma schedules.
Oh my. Words are just not enough to describe motherhood. I too have been blessed to see those comments in reference to you as you grew up. Love MOM
Love you MOM :)
Love this! Oh that middle picture of Judah is too cute!
Post a Comment