It is hard to believe we are in our fourth week of school and second week of CC. I feel like the wheels are in motion and expectations are in place for the year.
I wanted to share a few things we are doing at home in conjunction with Classical Conversations. We review the memory work everyday. We sit at the table and drill the memory work. We drill by repeat after me and erase a word most often. For geography we point at the map. We haven't started tracing yet but I really want to start that soon. I mentioned in a previous post that I want to highlight history, science and geography this year.
This week for science we talked about the three types of consumers. I read the science snippet from C3 and we talked about what type of diet each consumer has. I used a printable I download from sarasmommy06 on C3 (check out her blog too!) and she cut the animals and sorted them out. We then played this game and this game online about consumers and she had to sort the animals into each category.
We went a bit deeper in history this week by reading the timeline cards that went along with our history sentence while coloring in our prescripts book.
My daughter LOVES to create! If she can paint/draw/create/glitter/glue/tape anything she is one happy girl! I am trying to make an effort to review art with her and give her a regular opportunity to create. This week we used the easy OILS art project from Magistra Mommy to review OILS.
I created the cycle two memory work flip book from And Here We Go! for use in the car and on the go! I love the size of this. I added the official CC maps I found on C3. If you reduce the pdf to 50% when printing it will fit in the flip book.
My girl LOVES sticker charts and a challenge. That lead me to create a super simple sticker chart for our memory work. If she knows all the memory work for the week before we go to our community day we will add a sticker. I am okay with helping her a bit, for example I said start with noun and she was able to provide the rest of the parts of speech. Maybe I should create a sticker chart for myself I wonder whose would be more full mine or hers? ;) I have a good feeling it would be hers!!!
So thankful for CC and how it enriches our homeschool! It is such a great fit for our family!!
linking up with:
This week for science we talked about the three types of consumers. I read the science snippet from C3 and we talked about what type of diet each consumer has. I used a printable I download from sarasmommy06 on C3 (check out her blog too!) and she cut the animals and sorted them out. We then played this game and this game online about consumers and she had to sort the animals into each category.
We went a bit deeper in history this week by reading the timeline cards that went along with our history sentence while coloring in our prescripts book.
My daughter LOVES to create! If she can paint/draw/create/glitter/glue/tape anything she is one happy girl! I am trying to make an effort to review art with her and give her a regular opportunity to create. This week we used the easy OILS art project from Magistra Mommy to review OILS.
I created the cycle two memory work flip book from And Here We Go! for use in the car and on the go! I love the size of this. I added the official CC maps I found on C3. If you reduce the pdf to 50% when printing it will fit in the flip book.
My girl LOVES sticker charts and a challenge. That lead me to create a super simple sticker chart for our memory work. If she knows all the memory work for the week before we go to our community day we will add a sticker. I am okay with helping her a bit, for example I said start with noun and she was able to provide the rest of the parts of speech. Maybe I should create a sticker chart for myself I wonder whose would be more full mine or hers? ;) I have a good feeling it would be hers!!!
So thankful for CC and how it enriches our homeschool! It is such a great fit for our family!!
linking up with:




.jpg)
4 comments:
You are doing an amazing job! Looks so much fun!!! Have a very blessed weekend, friend!
Ashley from http://theheartofashley.blogspot.com/
I love the way you are utilizing CC! We are still trying to get the flow of things over here. I'm gonna have to come over to your site often...you are a week ahead of us. I love the idea of the sticker charts. My 5 year old son needs this type of motivation. You are doing a great job!
Thanks Heather! It is pretty simple stuff but it is enough to keep things interesting! :)
Thank you Ashley! Thanks for stopping by!!
Post a Comment