Week 4! Wow! I still can't believe it! I really enjoy looking back at our week and seeing all that we accomplished!
In my life this week…
I feel like we are slowly getting into a groove around here. Even with all the bumps in the road God is doing so many great things in our family. At the end of the week Kyla started asking questions about baptism which lead to some really great gospel centered conversations. Her daddy and I are excited to see God working in her life!! My grandmother came to town on Friday and I am excited to spend a few days with her this weekend!
In our homeschool this week…
You can see what we did in regards to CC here. After we got past Monday we had a great week. In addition to all of the CC work we continued with our Bible, writing, spelling and reading. We are up to the Tower of Babel in the Bible and learning more all the time. She is doing a great job with her catechism questions and I love how we reference back to the catechism questions when talking about God.
I introduced cursive this week, she is sooooooo excited!
Kyla also is to the point in her reading program that she received her second set of readers, she is blowing through them!!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
In my life this week…
I feel like we are slowly getting into a groove around here. Even with all the bumps in the road God is doing so many great things in our family. At the end of the week Kyla started asking questions about baptism which lead to some really great gospel centered conversations. Her daddy and I are excited to see God working in her life!! My grandmother came to town on Friday and I am excited to spend a few days with her this weekend!
In our homeschool this week…
You can see what we did in regards to CC here. After we got past Monday we had a great week. In addition to all of the CC work we continued with our Bible, writing, spelling and reading. We are up to the Tower of Babel in the Bible and learning more all the time. She is doing a great job with her catechism questions and I love how we reference back to the catechism questions when talking about God.
I introduced cursive this week, she is sooooooo excited!
Kyla also is to the point in her reading program that she received her second set of readers, she is blowing through them!!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
With great grandma in town we headed to the big city close by to watch my cousin play division 1 women's volleyball. The kids enjoyed the game. We are headed out today to watch two more games. Kyla was really enjoying the scoreboard and all the numbers, adding them up and telling me the score. It really is amazing how kids really want to engage their surrounds and when it is encouraged it is even fun!
My favorite thing this week was…
Hands down, our conversation with Kyla about the Lord!
My kiddos favorite thing this week was…
Most likely doing school with our friends who came over Friday morning!
Things I’m working on…
I have one session to edit
Art and Music lessons
Books I am reading...
I’m grateful for…




11 comments:
OK I might have missed it, but what does HMJ mean? :)
The Bonhoeffer book is excellent! I read it last year and just loved it! Thank you so much for linking with Collage Friday - your Chevron background makes me happy! :-)
I love the way this post is organized! :) And how exciting, learning cursive! We've been using an Italic font in learning handwriting (my daughter is 5) and I'm hoping it'll be easy to move to cursive when the time comes.
hahaha Homeschool Mother's Journal.... seems like a lot to put in my header :)
Thank Mary for stopping by! I am really enjoying the book, my husband was working through it and I wanted something different (i.e. fiction or a biography) and that was all I had in the house at the time. I am really glad I picked it up! Your right, something about chevron does make a gal happy, huh? :) Have a great week!
Hi Lindsey, thanks for stopping by my blog! I know many people start with cursive and I think I will see the benefit once we get going. My artsy gal is loving it! This post follows the format of The Homeschool Mother's Journal, if you haven't checked it out you totally should! www.soyoucallyourselfahomeschooler.com/homeschool-mothers-journal/ :)
Haha, I figured that out after visiting a couple of posts from that link-up. :)
huzzah to your Kyla and her interest more in The Lord! He is faithful and it sounds like working I her life! Enjoy your week!
Thank you so much for stopping by! We are so excited about what God is doing around here :)
I will have to remember to do that! :)
Very informative, keep posting such good articles, it really helps to know about things.
Post a Comment