Friday, September 20, 2013

HMJ | Weekly Wrap Up | Week 5

I feel like the ball is in motion for school and we are hitting a rhythm which is really nice.  

In my life this week...

Monday was a bit bumpy, I am praying this is not the new norm for Mondays around here.
I knew this week would be a bit off because we left for OK Thursday afternoons it was a bit of a lighter week.

In our homeschool this week…

We completed week 3 of Classical Conversations and Kyla is doing a good job with the memory work.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

We are currently in OK at my parents house. I had a session last night for a couple who celebrated 40 years of marriage recently and I have a wedding tomorrow. I like to keep Friday light with a little work and hopefully an outing of some kind. This morning we did school at Nanny's House.
After we met Nanny for lunch we headed over to Claremore, OK for Art on the Hill at Rogers State University. We watched about half of a production of Hank the Cowdog (the little guy was done about 1/2 way through and I didn't come prepared for a show) before heading out to look at the art from local artists and students of RSU.  The big hit was the kids activity tent where my kiddos made a few crafts. We finished off the outing with a stop at self serve frozen yogurt bar.

My favorite thing this week was…

The one piece of memory work my girl was struggling with was skip counting the 4's. She has known the song and been singing it incorrectly for 2 years. (she was saying 24, 48 instead of 28) For her to put her sticker on her chart she needed to nail it down. It was tough for her and she would say, "it's to hard" and want to quit but I was able to encourage her to keep on until she knew the facts. She finally nailed it down and she was so excited and proud of her hard work!  It was a good lesson for her to learn, hard work pays off!
Say hello so I can stop by and see what happened in your week!

 

Linking up with:   

 
Homegrown Learners

8 comments:

Mary said...

I love that your daughter got her skip counting correct this week -- great job! Would you believe my 7th grader likes the skip counting with us during memory work time each morning? Sounds like you've had a nice trip. Thanks for linking with Collage Friday!

Lindsey said...

I think Mondays would always be bumpy for us if we didn't take that day off. ;-) After the busy weekend and church we're tired, so we take that day off and call it "Library Day". The kids love it. :)

Jen said...

Looks like you had a great week. Isn't it awesome when stuff "clicks". We're doing CC - entering week 3 here. The kids are loving it. I made arrangements to join the open house in October AND I signed us up to start in the community for January. I'm very excited. I think it'll be great for the girls.

Kara said...

I really hope you enjoy it as much as we do! We LOVE our community!

Kara said...

I think because we have CC on Tuesday if I didn't start on Monday Wednesday would be our first day of the week and that would stress this momma out!! Honestly, stepping back the bumpy Mondays have mostly been due to a pretty crummy attitude from momma! :) I hate it when that happens! Praying after a restful Sunday afternoon/night tomorrow will be great! Thanks for stopping by!

Kara said...

Me too Mary! Our community does a "challenge minute" during opening assembly and the challenge A shared a math problem from the previous week that seemed hard but wasn't because they had memorized their cubes! Too cool! :) Thanks for hosting!

Jen said...

Thanks I'm super excited. I think I will really enjoy it. The kids are enjoying the memory work at home and thriving. We'll have the two girls in the Foundations this year and the younger two in nursery. Next fall, I'll put Little Man in Foundations, too (he turns 4 in July). He's really smart and already singing along to some of the material!! <3 I'll definitely keep you posted on how things go!

Digital Marketing Delhi said...

I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.