Friday, September 06, 2013

HMJ | Weekly Wrap Up

I am totally brain fried! I can tell we are three weeks into the school year because when the day is over all I want to do is lay down and sleep. It isn't just school, I am seeking to be more diligent and work harder around the house, for my clients and for our CC community. All together this gal is ready for the weekend and some down time with my favorite people! 

In my life this week…

Best part of the week was a mommy daughter date on Monday! We went out to eat and she helped me grocery shop. It was great getting some one one one time with my girl outside of "school". I have had glimpses of how quickly she is growing up and I at times I feel like I don't have her heart and I so desperately want her heart so I can point her to Jesus! 


This image really made me stop and pause about how fast time is passing!

In our homeschool this week… 

We started CC! She was so excited! Me too! I am looking forward to the weekly addition of CC! In MO we have to keep hours, we have accomplished a little over 38 hours in three weeks. I am happy with that!
I also have decided Friday is going to be catch up, review, library/park/fun day, and art/music day just a lighter day all around. It will also be my time to meal plan & lesson plan. We travel a lot so leaving on Thursday afternoon will allow for less or no school work on Friday.

Things I’m working on…

Staying on top of my work!! Meal planning is helping out tremendously! Art & music plans are running around in my brain, stopping long enough to tackle them is something different!

I’m grateful for…

My friends and family!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share (silly, serious or both!)…
 Here is some images from our art and review time today!




I am very overwhelmed with gratitude to the Lord for calling us on this journey called homeschooling! 

 If your stopping by from the link up say hello so I can go visit you too! 

linking up with: 

    Homegrown Learners

10 comments:

leahrc said...

I'm stopping by from Weekly Wrap Up. It is true that homeschooling can be tiring, but it does look like a good week. I have quite a few friends who love CC. It sounds like you all will really enjoy it. :-)

Kara said...

Hi Leah, thanks for stopping by! I think just getting in a groove plus running a business and managing a household leaves me a little brain fried :) We love CC, this will be our third year! It really is such a blessing!

Jamie Worley said...

BEAUTIFUL photo of your girl! And oh my goodness I need to get better with my meal planning. I'm such a slacker in that department!

Tonia said...

Meal planning is a bugaboo for me too. Lovely daughter (and yes, they grow up so fast!).

Jen said...

Looks like a great week! I'm thinking about adding CC for us at home! Jen @ Home Is Where They Send Us

AdenaF said...

Looks like you had a great week. I remember when homeschooling used to actually energize me, but so far this week, I've only felt drained. NOT the way I want to start the school year. I really need to start meal planning!! I have a general idea and have tried it in the past, just seems so many unexpected things come up and then it seems like we actually waste more food when I try to plan everything ahead. Hope you enjoy CC, I have a lot of friends that do CC and absolutely love it.

Kara said...

Thanks for stopping by again Adena! I think it was just a really busy end of the week here and I was drained! I am ready for tomorrow to start all over again. I am not the best meal planner, just trying to think ahead about dinners at least! I wish I was super amazing and could plan a whole month, double recipes and do freezer meals! :) We do LOVE CC! :) Have a great week!

Kara said...

Thanks so much for stopping by Jen! We really do love CC but are so thankful for our community! The accountability is great! Have a great week!

Kara said...

I am getting better, this is two weeks in a row ;) gotta start somewhere right? :) Have a great week!

Kara said...

Thanks Jamie for saying hello!! Meal planning is not my forte... slowly but surely :)