When I read that today was Gradituesday at Heavenly Homemakers I knew I wanted to stop and take some time and reflect on how thankful I am for the way God blesses me!
Way #1 in which I am grateful... blessed by God.
I was reading Colossians 2 yesterday and was blessed by verses 13-14.
"you who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross."
I love the picture of God canceling our debt by nailing it on the cross! I was humbled and thankful by the work of Jesus on my behalf!
Way #2 in which I am grateful... blessed by used furniture.
Ever since we got married I have wanted and armoire so we can hide the TV when it is not in use. We just celebrated 6 years in May and I feel blessed to have the things we do have and how God has provided those things. I came across a used armoire that was in great shape and in our price range. With my husbands approval we are now proud owners of a new to us armoire.
Way #3 in which I am grateful... blessed by family.
My husband... he trusts in me. There are times (like a new tv stand) that we don't need something new but I feel like it can better serve our family and he trusts my judgement and encourages me to better our family for the purpose of Godliness.
My mother... after a rough attempt at staining by me and my husband my mom came to save the day. Seriously, she spent her first Saturday after school started (she is an administrator at a school) in 105+ degree heat sanding and painting with me to finish the armoire. Her service, sacrifice, kindness, and love to me and my family amazes me and is one example of God's grace in my life.
My grandmother... maybe it is nesting about 15 weeks early but I am in an organizing mood. My grandma is spending a few days with us helping me get organized and watching Miss K for me so I can get some work done. Not only is she blessing me with her time and service she blessed us to a new TV. She humbly asked if she could bless us with that, just because!
Justin and I got to talking about all the "brand new" things (like big furniture) have been given to use by our family and friends!
God has been so good to us and it has been great to reflect on that this Gratituesday!
Are you grateful for what God has done in your life?
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!


1 comment:
Your entertainment center looks amazing. We had one that we just sold and I had painted it black. We love hand me down furniture. Seems like there is just never enough money for brand new but that is okay with me. Have a great day!
Post a Comment