Saturday, August 14, 2010

Everyday Minerals | Makeup Review


I have always loved mineral makeup (Bare Minerals) but would go through seasons where it just didn't work for me, it wouldn't last all day due to my oily/acne prone skin. So I would switch to Mary Kay, Almay, Neutrogena, & other over the counter products. I would go back to Bare Mineral's often but would end up disappointed.  

Justin and I have recently being switching to using more natural alternatives for things we put on our body (those posts coming soon) and I switched back to mineral make up. Back in the fall I ordered my first order of Everyday Minerals after reading about them from a few websites. 

Things I love about mineral makeup in general:
- the weightless feel when it is on
- the even coverage
- the fact that it conceals well (pimples and under eye circles) 
- the color match
- a little goes a long time (it lasts awhile) 

Things I love about Everyday Minerals:
- all the above
- they have different type of coverage, I use the intensive and it LASTS ALL DAY!!!
- It is more cost effective than the above mentioned product
- they let you try it free (you pay shipping) or when you order you can get $5.00 samples for free
- you get emails with great savings if you want more stuff 

The one thing I don't love is that color matching is hard. But I tried all the samples close to my color range (they have lasted me FOREVER) and went from there :) 

If you have never used mineral makeup you do need a few certain tools, a concealer brush, a kabuki brush/or foundation brush, and and another brush to brush on the finishing powder. There is a slight learning curve but I am sure there are many internet tutorials out there. 

Because I think a picture tells more than words I am going to show you a before and after of me. I used a concealer, intensive base, & finishing powder mixed with lucent powder to give me a shimmer :) 

don't judge - self portraits are hard and I look goofy - I am really putting myself out there
(the yellow is just from the terrible lighting :) ) 



This  makeup really evens out my splotch red skin tone and covers my blemishes well. This photo was taken right after I put it one, once I have had it on awhile it really does look better :)

If you are looking for new makeup I highly recommend Everyday Minerals!

2 comments:

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

You are just so stinkin' cute, Kara!!! I've heard about this company before, but now you've got me curious enough to try it for myself :)

Michelle "Picklewart" said...

I've not heard of this company before. I've tried Bare Minerals and the Avon version and wasn't very "taken" with it.
I guess part of my issue is I don't like wearing any kind of foundation in general. My typical routine is bare bones: Avon spf lotion, blush, powder, mascara, chapstick or lipgloss. Yeah, that's it. I'm lazy. I know.
BUT, I am glad to hear that this product is a good quality and is working well for you. I'll keep it in mind in case I ever decide to go for a little more make-up!!