When we first got married I was such a good little wife, I cooked often, even prepared things ahead of time... then life happened! I will admit most days I fly by the seat of my pants... what does that mean for our family? That means we often eat out and not very well. I realize this is often due to lack of self-discipline on my part which also means I am not being a good steward of the things God has given me. The Lord has been showing me lately this is a huge area that I need to repent of and trust Him in!
So I will confess to you internet... I don't like to cook very often but the thought of nutritious, home-cooked meals is appealing... so I am going to give it a go! Just creating a menu and grocery list is going to be a huge help! A few things I am going to do are start cooking my meat in advance, in bulk fashion, and then dividing and refreezing. I know this will save me much time and dishes on down the road. Also fixing things I can freeze in advance, like muffins or other snack or lunch type foods.
I will admit, I am excited about the possibility of saving money and serving my family in this way!!
I will keep you posted on my kitchen mishaps and hopefully successes.
I also want to share with you my simple weekly schedule and weekly menu documents that I made up to help me get started on my quest to be organized in my kitchen!
3 comments:
I'm a "double" chef... I typically make two of whatever I'm making if it lends itself to that - 2 lasagnas, 2 breads, 2 casseroles, etc. I used to do a "once-a-month" cooking day with a friend in Mt. Vernon. We'd get our menus lines up, buy the groceries, split the bill, and cook all day on a Sat. (this was pre-children ;-) It was fun and made a day of fellowship.... but our dogs were barkin' at the end of it if you know what I mean!!
I don't really "like" cooking either... I'll look forward to hearing how it goes for you!
Jessica
If you have any Aldi where you live their website is a God send, it has hundreds of recipes, all made with ingredients from their store, it has a meal planner and when you have selected your recipes you can print out an already made by the website grocery list!
Post a Comment