Monday, August 30, 2010

Preschool | Day 1

First I have to be a mommy an minute and say... "HOW DID SHE GET SO BIG!" and "I CANNOT BELIEVE WE STARTED PRESCHOOL!" okay now that I got that out of the way I can get on with our day! 

As I have mentioned in the past (here and here) we are starting school because she loves learning and is showing interest. It is very laid back! I told her yesterday that we were going to start today and she was very excited, her excitement rolled into today and our first day was great! 

I of course took her outside for some photos, and I wanted a new blog header. 

We started with prayer and our calendar wall and moved the star to the date, talked about the days of the week and the weather. (I do have things to add to this still, shapes and a few other things) 
Next was Bible time. I have chosen to go through The Big Picture Story Bible. We are going to read the same   story all week long. This morning we talked about creation and that God used words to create the world and that His creation was good. We also reviewed our Catechism Questions and Scripture memory. 
Following Bible time I did some basic assessment tests. I used the Assessment tools I found on the 1+1+1=1 Blog (under the learn more section). I had a really good idea of things we needed to work on and this was helpful to confirm those areas. The assessment included her identifying capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers 1-10, shapes and colors, tracing horizontal and vertical lines, cutting straight lines, counting 1:1 when touching an object, and ABABAB pattern recognition. 

She capped out the morning helping daddy make eggs, in case you are wondering she was supervised! 


We also read some books and have had plenty of free play and daddy time today (since today is his day off)! While I was at the store Daddy threw in some computer time. Rest time/tv time has been spent watching Peter Rabbit and The Letter Factory. 

I pray her desire and love to read and learn continues as the Lord continues to shape and fashion her heart into His! 

Happy Monday! 



3 comments:

Jodi Widhalm said...

Great job, Kara! It looks like you are a seasoned homeschooler already! The new header is a winner, too! SO cute. I LOVE the 1+1+1+1 blog, too! There are so many great resources out there....I could spend all my time look at them instead of teaching. :) Glad you both enjoyed the first day....I'm sure there will be many more to come. Great job, Mom!

Michelle "Picklewart" said...

Looks like a great first day!

sbswtp said...

What a great first day :)