Sunday, August 05, 2007

Whats in a name?

Here it is 6:45 am and I am awake. I have been awake for an hour and I didn't go to sleep until around 4:00 am. So since I am awake I am using my time wisely! RIGHT!

I am thinking of a name... to call my photography business. Cause I need a name right :). Hopefully I will anyways. I don't really like the ring of Kara Guffey Photography. So I thought about KG Photography which I kind of like but there is already a KG Photography and some of the pictures are pretty explicit. I would hate for someone to get us confused :( Also wouldn't mind using the word joy. I was thinking Pure Joy Photography. I kind of like that. What about you any suggestions? If you were goign to go to a photographer would you pic someone with a name or someone who used their own name??

Input anyone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"In the Light Photography"

Mary said...

Hmm, I always have a hard time with things like that. I have my own card "business" where I take orders for greeting cards and make them. The name I use is "Mary King Card Creations". Nothing too fancy. I thought about not using my name, but for something so personal, I kind of wanted my name on it, plus I loved the "kuh" sound (for lack of a better term) when combining my last name with card creations. Not to mention I couldn't come up with anything more clever. :) What's your middle name? Maybe "Kara Middle Name Photography"?

As far as choosing a photographer, I really can't say I would choose a business with a person's name over something that's not someone's name. Or vice versa. I'm not terribly picky about what something is called, unless I'm the one having to choose the name for myself. lol Yeah I know, I've been loads of help here.... lol

Julo said...

If I lived there, I WOULD HIRE YOU!