Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Website and Other

Well I need some feedback. I have the trial version of my website up. It is not near complete but it is getting there. I need some feed back on a few things. I have someone designing me a logo so the one on the page is not permanent.

www.karaguffeyphotography.com or www.karaguffey.com (which url should I use most often)

What do you think of the color scheme?

Also, what do you think of the gallery names? I need advice, so put your thinking caps on... here is what they are now and what I am thinking:

Newborns & Babies ... bundled blessings (like this a lot unless someone can change my mind)
(do you think this should justbe newborns and a second category for babies)
Maternity ... great expectations (this is a keeper too unless someone can change my mind)
Seniors ... new beginnings (fresh starts) any suggestions
Engagement ... total commitment (????)
Families ... forever devoted (????)
Children ... joyful days (??? growing gracefully)

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara- the website looks really nice. however, on my computer at least, the black text on the brown background is hard to read!

Mary said...

I love the new site! Very you!!

I do agree though...the black text against the brown is rather difficult to read.

Kara said...

Thanks for the feedback! For the record I haven't even tinkered witht the text. Any suggestions on color?

Julo said...

Hubby and I are convinced that light colored backgrounds work best over all. That's why I changed my blog to a white one. It would be easy to implement brown and pink that way, if that's the direction you want to go.

I love the gallery names, but I'm wondering if some people wouldn't "get it". "Forever devoted" does sound great for families, but I'm not sure people would know that's what it is. Maybe you could use both: "Forever devoted-Family portraits" Just an idea.

How exciting that you're starting your own business!

Heather said...

I agree that some people might not get the gallery names. I like the idea of explaining what it is like Julie said.