In my life this week…
We played catch up from being sick, had a Great Pumpkin Party at a friends house, I got glasses & contacts after being glasses/contacts free for almost 11 years thanks to Lasik surgery, had nanny at our house for a visit, celebrated the St.Louis Cardinals going to the World Series, and watched/documented a beautiful couple say "I Do!"In our homeschool this week…
This was our fall break from CC so we took advantage of it and played a little catch up after being sick the previous week. I think if you combine week 8 & 9 together we would be able to put one week of school together! :) Such is life!Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We have a very busy schedule this time of year. The end of this week has us headed to Kansas City to see a friend and do pictures for her, then to NE OK for more portrait sessions. Should be a fun week!I'm reading...
I finished - Called Home: Finding Joy in Letting God Lead Your HomeschoolStarted - Steady Days: A Journey Toward Intentional, Professional, Motherhood
The Church Planting Wife: Help and Hope for Her Heart
Still Reading - Bonhoeffer: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy
Sacred Parenting: How Raising Children Shapes Our Souls
Relationships: A Mess Worth Making
I’m grateful for…
Fall! I could complain about the lack of 60 & 70 degree days but I am not going to ;) I am thankful for the changing of the seasons and the reminder that God has ordered the seasons for His glory. As I watch the leaves blow across the back yard I am thankful for a God that is creative and gives us beautiful things to enjoy!Truth to remember...
You know those times in your life when you feel like you have a theme song that is playing EVERYWHERE YOU GO... I currently have a theme song. I don't know the exact lyrics but the overarching theme is in my own strength and power I am not enough, I am greatly lacking, I am deficient. From the books I have been reading to the sermons I sit under God is making one thing clear, in and of myself I am not enough... I am not enough wife, mom or friend nor will I ever be enough. I am learning what it means to press into Jesus and trust that HE is ENOUGH.I am reminded of 2 Corinthians 12:9 “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” so as Paul said I too will say... "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."



4 comments:
Looks like a great week!!
I LOVED reading this! So fun to get to know you!! :) Have a blessed week!!
Ashley from http://theheartofashley.blogspot.com/
I'm happy to find another CC mom in the Ozarks. Blog on!
This is the precise weblog for anybody who needs to seek out out about this topic. You notice so much its almost arduous to argue with you. You positively put a brand new spin on a subject that's been written about for years. Nice stuff, simply nice!
Post a Comment