Monday, October 14, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up | Week 8

In my life this week…

I enjoyed an awesome Sunday afternoon of lesson planning with the windows open and a fall breeze!



We have been battling some type of virus around here. I am happy to report a week later and I think everyone is healthy. I am just hoping none of us passed it to daddy! That means school didn't always go as planned this week and that is okay! 


In our homeschool this week…

We had a good week even with being under the weather for the week and also traveling at the end of the week. Kyla missed CC and piano lessons this week because of being sick.

A few homeschool highlights from this week in picture: (start top row, left to right) 1. I taught her how to play Yahtzee, it was a fun way to do math! 2-3. Mailing a letter to gramy & grandpa. 4. Tracing her European map, this week we will add the mountains. 5. Practicing her piano fingers Music for Little Mozarts style. 6. All About Spelling Lesson.  7-8. Sometimes you just have to push school books aside and play with some new homemade playdough. 9. Love seeing these two reading together!!!

We did quiet a bit of school in the car this week because we traveled to OK to spend some time with friends. She does a good job working in the car.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…

This week is our "fall break" from CC. We are still going to do school at home because we lost most of last week but it will be a lighter week.  Nanny (my mom) is coming for a visit and we are looking forward to that! We also have  a Great Pumpkin party tomorrow, the kids are going to do some fall activities with a few friends, paint some pumpkins and watch Charlie Brown and The Great Pumpkin.

My favorite thing this week was…

Spending time with one of my best friends and her family! We visited a pumpkin patch together! Good times! 

Also loving the cardinals pulling off some big wins!! 


Things I’m working on…

Story of my life... editing 

I’m grateful for…

Oreganol Oil P73 - I struggled with "flu like" symptoms off and on for a few days, after 2 drops of this sublingually I felt better and after using it for two days I feel completely better. Now I have some on hand for this cold & flue season!




We had our family pictures and the photographer shared some screenshots..... I cannot wait to see these in real life! 



A great read from this week:


I loved this part, "This is a pattern. I felt capable of being a mother, back before I was. God gave me more to handle than I could possibly handle on my own strength. I felt capable of keeping house. I’m sorry. I don’t know if I can stop laughing about that. Anything that I felt capable of doing,  God will both make it seem impossible and simultaneously ask me to do it. And there I am – in the sweetest place you can ever be – relying on Him. Walking in faith. Living in joy.This broken feeling is only broken if it stays there. If it stops in self-pity. If it wallows in grief about the lost emotions of our journaling days. But this is richer. When we seek His joy instead of our own, when we lay our best on His altar, and we have nothing left for ourselves, that is when we are truly accomplishing His purpose in our lives."

Have a great week friends!




Linking up with:


Homegrown Learners  




 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Go Cards!! The pumpkin patch looks so fun!

Pool Party in Gurgaon said...

Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.