Saturday, January 04, 2014

A few books

I love books! Seriously, they make me happy. However we own some amazing books that I cannot find the time to read. This year for Christmas I limited myself to these books because I knew I would read them and I have wanted them for awhile. 


I have been wanting to read Fit to Burst since it was released, I loved Loving the Little Years. One thing I appreciate about her books is the brevity. I walk away encouraged without slogging through a LONG book about motherhood.

I have read various reviews about Extravagant Grace and have wanted to read it for awhile. The subtitle is "God's Glory Displayed in Our Weakness". The author takes the works of John Owen and helps us to understand how God can be glorified amidst our own guilt and failures. I am actually reading this aloud with my husband. So far it has been excellent!

Reading God's Story is a chronological daily Bible that takes you through the Bible in one year chronologically. I am most excited about this because our pastors will be preaching on something we have read from our reading that week. I am excited to see what God is going to do through the reading of His word in my life and the life of my church.

Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson has been on my "want to read list" for awhile. I am looking forward to this read as I know many people have recommended this book to me over the years!

One book not pictured because I haven't received my copy yet is The Question by Leigh Bortins. The Question is the follow up book to The Core which I read this summer. Leigh Bortins is the founder of Classical Conversations and I have been blessed and encouraged time and time again by her writing.


3 comments:

Solagratiamom said...

Love some of your ideas - head over to http://www.solagratiamom.com/2014/01/announcing-wonderful-wednesdays-link-up.html and link up some today! :) Hope to see you there!

Launch Business in Delhi said...

Blogging is the new poetry. I find it wonderful and amazing in many ways.

Launch Business in Delhi said...

I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.