Monday, March 11, 2013

For the Lord...

"Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men"
-- Colossians 3:23


This verse has been engraved on my mind lately as I am seeking to mother, run a home, run a business, live out my faith and love others well. I fight a lack of discipline. I think it is our natural sinful tendency to be undisciplined, it sure is mine anyways. What I have noticed is that when I lack discipline my mind tends to lose focus on what is the main thing and my priorities are out of whack! The crumbs on the floor and the dishes in the sink begin to move up the list and quickly become more important than the relationships God has given me. When I am diligent and keeping at task my priorities tend to become less skewed!

During school, we are taking a character trait and matching it with scripture. A while back was diligence! We use this chart from We Choose Virtues.

I am diligent, I start fast, work hard and finish strong!

Why do we do these things? 
For the Lord and not for men!

When my focus is moved back to the cross, off of my situation and sin my diligence is for the Lord's glory and not my own purposes. It is hard to be diligent in a world that causes us to be so idle.
 When we are idle we zone out, get complacent and do nothing! God wants us to be fully His, "train ourselves for godliness" and live for Him! 


I pray today you are living working for God and not for men!

No comments: