Thursday, October 07, 2010

Catching up...

I cannot believe it has been so long since I blogged! Life is catching up with me. This is my first laid back day in weeks with nothing to do in the morning or prepare for in the evening so I have laid on the couch, cuddled with my girl and rested. I think it was just what I needed. To rest, physically, emotionally and spiritually. I am thankful the Lord can give rest of all those things. 

It is hard to believe but we have been in SW MO for a year now at our church. A chill in the air will always remind me of when we moved here and started ministering to and with the people here. The Lord has taught me a lot in the year we have been here but the most important lesson is that He is fighting our battles and we must wait on the Lord. That goes from ministry to family life. There hasn't been one instance but many where I have sat back and watched God move and it has been awesome to see how HE is working!



We have been to OKC twice in the past few weeks. One of my best friends (really she is a sister from another mother) had her first child and I HAD to go get some sweet cuddles in, and newborn photos :) isn't she a doll. 



Preschool happens when there is time, we are reading and playing lots and ya know, I am okay with that! I am enjoying my time with Miss K before baby Judah gets here. Speaking of I am 32 weeks pregnant and really looking forward to him getting here in his time :) 


I have been reading Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes and have thoroughly enjoyed reading that book. She frames ever discipline in the framework of submission. I have enjoyed refocusing my attention to God's intended order in the church and home and seeking to glorify the Lord in that order. 

That is what is going on here, don't be surprised if it is another few weeks before you hear from me again! 



No comments: