You know what even the best laid plans fail :) but such is life. I can say since we started preschool a few weeks ago life has been insanely busy or I have been so wiped out that sitting at the table doing something formal hasn't been my top priority. BUT what I will say is I am still being intentional with Kyla. I thought I would share with you things we are doing to encourage you to just live intentionally during what may be a busy season in your life.
- Books, we read lots and lots of books!
- I have a few special "school" type things that she has easy access to any time she wants. I will often turn off the TV and music on and generally that is where she goes first! (Right now in her boxes she has pom pom balls/colored cups for sorting and counting, lacing cards, tangram puzzle & her geoboard)
- Puzzles, this girl LOVES puzzles.
- The Letter Factory Video
- When we are at a restaurant waiting for food we use the creamer, butter, sugar packets, sweeter packets, anything really to count, do patterns, matching, same and different. You get the idea :)
- We have stopped and looked at and talked about buffalo on the side of the road.
- Coloring
- Playing on her magnetic doodle board
- Lots of playing, and her imagination SOARS!
We have fit in a few days of organized school, which has included a few workbook activities, tracing, drawing lines (pre writing stuff), working on the letter A and what it says, the days of the week, Bible and Catechism Questions and Scripture Memory. Counting and sorting with her bears and some cutting for fine motor skills!
Hope school is going well for all of you as you continue to plug right along!


2 comments:
I think you're doing really well... "formality" doesn't matter much at her age, and instead she looks like she's having tons of fun learning (even though she'd probably tell you she's playing) and that is the most important thing :)
Especially at these young ages, ALL experiences are learning! In fact, I just read something talking about how kids need at LEAST an hour of FREE play a day - that it actually helps them learn better during their more "structured" times. Overbooking is so easy to do. The rule around here when I do PreK w/ Grace at home is, when she's showing signs of being tired of "structured" time, it's over! ...and off to imaginative playtime we go!
I think you guys are really doing a great job, and I love to hear about your days. You remind me to be more intentional about including more time for Biblical content with the kids. THANK YOU for your encouraging words!!
Post a Comment