Friday, January 29, 2010

Sleep

Sleep is one of those things that we wish we could live on less of but seem to want more of.
Parents of little ones (especially mothers) seem to be the ones that have it the hardest!
Around here Miss K has been waking up every night for a few weeks, which has been okay. I have brought her in our room and either cuddled her in bed or made her a pallet in the floor next to our bed.

The bad thing is the past two mornings I have not been able to go back to sleep!

So sleep eludes me again this morning! After a snack of crackers perhaps I will try again.

Pastor & Author C.J. Mahaney in his book Humility (which I somehow left off my list of amazing reads in 2009) says we should welcome sleep as a gift from God as one reminder that were are finite and God is infinite. It is one way to kill pride in our life and cultivate humility!

Along with less sleep, I am going to take the girltalk blog 28-Day Challenege I am going to attempt to join the 5 O' Clock club, except for around here it will look more like 6:30 or 7:00. I am doing these things for the purpose of Godliness, I think a set aside time each morning will point me Godward first, and allow me to better serve my family! Anyone want to take the challenge?

I think I am off to attempt to cultivate some Humility in my life!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the link in your blog, I checked it out, and I am going with the FAM club. I would like to be a part of the 5 o'clock club, but I'm afraid I will set myself up for failure! And I have felt the call to start some fasting for a while now, so I need to get started on that!

I like your list, thanks for sharing. Gives me some good books to put on my list :) One great book I read last year, actually 2, was "Interrupted" by Jen Hatmaker and "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne. I read Jen's book first, and I would recommend that. Shane's book is absolutely phenomenal, it has been the most life changing one besides the Bible I have ever read. But he dubs himself an "ordinary radical" and you really have to read it with an open mind, Jen's book is a product of her reading his book, so it gets your feet wet before diving into his!

Kara said...

Thanks for stopping by Jen! I was hoping I wasn't writing for myself. However that would be okay too :)

I love the Girltalk blog! I hope you enjoy it to! I think the FAM challenge will be great on down the road! I am doing a 6:30 challenge with a friend and I am looking forward to living a more orderly life pointed at the cross first and foremost!

I will have to take a look at those books, I am generally pretty pick who I read but thanks for the suggestions!!

Have a great sunday!!