This is going to be hard for me not to ramble, there are so many great children's resources out there!! I am going to limit this to our current favorites at our house!
I will start with music, I think it is a great way to introduce toddlers to the deep truth's of God's word! For Christmas we bought A Very, Very, Very, Big God and J is for Jesus from Westminster Bookstore. I should warn you, they are cheesy but toddlers LOVE THEM. Seriously, and I find me and Justin walking around either humming or singing one of the songs on occasion.
One of our (mine and Justins hahaha) favorites is
I Am The Way, The Truth, and The Life
lyrics
I am the way the truth and the life, thats what Jesus said.
I am the way the truth and the life, thats what Jesus said.
Without the way there is no going,
without the truth there is no knowing,
without the life there is no living
I am the way, the truth and the life thats what Jesus said!
Another great resource is the awesome book Fool Moon Rising that we got from Westminster Bookstore.
Not only are the illustrations wonderful but the book gets to the heart of most, if not all sin, pride!
About the book, taken from the website:
Through this illustrated tale about the moon stealing the sun’s glory, children learn about the importance of humility and the dangers of pride.
I should warn you, you will be convicted and challenged to fight pride and cultivate humility!
These are a few of our favorites!!
No comments:
Post a Comment