It all started last night when I turned off the kitchen light before bed and pretended the dirty dishes in the sink and on the stove, okay and a few on the table didn't exist. The Lord has really been convicting me on my need to rise early so I can more fully seek His face, prepare for the day and serve my family. So as I went to bed I set my alarm for 6:00 am. See I was mildly successful the day before rising at 6:30 am after only pushing snooze twice. Well, 6:00 am rolled around and I pushed snooze. Thanking God for his grace and that my faith is not based on how early I get up but on Jesus' life, death, burial and resurrection. 6:15 am I hit snooze again telling myself it isn't a sin to sleep longer. 6:30 am, I hit snooze and put a pillow over my head. 6:45 am I consider rising until the alarm goes off again at 7:00 am. 7:11 am little man decides he wants out of bed. Mission getting up early = failed! Seeking the Lord = failed!
I cuddle with little man on the couch for a few minutes while I hear the dishes calling my name from the other room. Instead of getting breakfast going and getting my day started I cuddled up in a few blankets and laid on the couch and enjoyed a little cat in the hat and who knows what else until sister woke up a little later. Mission prepare for the day = failed!
The day goes on much as usual and I finally get moving at 10:30 am .I am hardwired to have a relatively clean kitchen before I can cook or do anything else it seems! So I get started cleaning and Kyla has declared she no longer wants the eggs I should of made a few hours ago (she had something else before she asked for eggs) because it was so late. Mission serving my family = failed!
It's true by noon I knew I had failed and the mission had TOTALLY been aborted. I won't even mention all the parenting blunders and mistakes I made today!
In all my inadequacies and failures I was reminded of a few things,
"For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21That God looks at me and sees the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ. Though I continually sin and battle in this world Christ is perfect in me.
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17That I am a new creation in Christ Jesus. I have been made new and am being made new! Yes, I will battle but I can overcome. Because...
"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20I will continually battle with the flesh and my sinfulness but this life I am living now is by faith in the Son of God who loves me, died for me and make me perfect before the Father! So tonight as I turned off the kitchen light the sink is empty and the dishes are clean. The alarm is set and waking early is the goal. I am once again thankful that...
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23Because there is hope for this failure, there is hope for you. Look to Jesus! Seek his GRACE!
1 comment:
oh haven't we all been there!
Post a Comment