Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Fall Fun - Catch Up

It is hard to believe we are 3 weeks away from completing our first 1/2 of Classical Conversations and homeschooling. I can't get over how fast life is flying by and how little I really get done in a week. Weeks have gone by since I last blogged and it is only because we have been swamped! 
 
Here is a recap:
Soccer... last game is this weekend. It has been fun, Kyla's favorite part is the snack's after the game ;) 
 
We went to see flat stanley at a local theater, her first show. It was the perfect length, just under an hour. She really enjoyed it, we have read the book together. 


That same week we went to pioneer days at a local national park. She learned to wash laundry, make candles, some things about gardening and cooking. It is a neat park!

We also made a trip to Kansas City to see a friend and we visited a children's farmstead there. 

And last but not least, trunk or treat... we also hit up a fall festival :)


Upcoming: 
 
In history the next few weeks we are talking about slavery. I have checked out some picture books from the library to help us understand and open a way of communication about slavery. We are plugging right along in our other studies. In math we are working on place value and skip counting. Still working on reading and handwriting as we go. 
Probably the biggest thing is little man will be 1 in a few weeks!! Where has the time gone! 
 
linking up with the homeschool hop:
 Hip Homeschool Hop Button  

What have you been up to?!? I am so sorry I have missed some great posts lately. Say hi so I can come by and see what you have been up to!




4 comments:

Rhen @Yes, they are all mine said...

Love all of the pictures! It looks like you are really enjoying learning right along side of your sweetie. Fantastic!

PrairieJenn said...

You take the best pictures! Of course, you have beautiful subjects to photograph:)

Looks like you've been busy learning while having all that fun. We've been thinking about a day trip to Kansas City soon. We may have to check out the farmstead you mentioned:) Thanks for sharing!

Not sure how far you are from George Washington Carver National Monument near Neosho, MO, but it was a cool place to visit too (though it's not very big, it made a good day trip for us). Carver has an interesting life story and his biography got us started on the topic of slavery.

Grandma Bonnie said...

The pioneer days look like so much fun. Your photos are great. Thanks for stopping by.

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous images! What program do you use to create the collages? I found you on the Hip Homeschool Blog Hop....