I can't believe it, my little girl is 4. WOW! That means we are officially starting preschool this year. She is ready and excited. All the books have been purchased and supplies are ready to go, even I am ready to start. Monday is GO day!
This year we are starting Classical Conversations. CC, as it is fondly called, is a group of people who meet weekly together and introduce a new set of memory work that everyone is working on at home. After learning about different styles of education I think the classical model of education will be a great fit for Kyla and our family. If you are interested in learning more about what Kyla is learning you can learn more about the Foundations program here. I am actually going to be a "tutor" (their word for teacher) of K/1st grade, I am excited to be a part of such an awesome group of people.
The program itself is not complete, we have to add math and phonics. We are about 15 lessons into Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons for phonics. For math, we are starting with the Math U See Primer. I am actually excited to re-learn math as it is my weakest subject thus my least favorite! The other additional things we will be doing is Handwriting Without Tears and Long Story Short for our Bible overview.
I am planning to post what I have learned about the classical model of education and why I think it will be GREAT for us and also why we want to homeschool!
Here it is, our school shelf in the kitchen... ready to go!
yes, that is a back pack. Was it necessary... no but did she really want one for school, yes and she was excited about it! For $9.99 from LL Bean I obliged :)

No comments:
Post a Comment