Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hello!

Yes, yes I do still blog and yes yes I am alive. I figured an update was do. I have had a lot on my mind lately so this might be sort of a ramble. Life is busy as it generally is. I thought I was on top of it all until I showed up to the doctors office today and Kyla's appointment is tomorrow. Talk about feeling like a fool. Well I did!

That's right she is 18 months old! I guess the old saying time flies when you are having fun rings true in this instance as well. Kyla is growing in wisdom and stature all the time. She amazes me daily on what she knows and also what she tries to get by with because she is so darn cute! There is no denying that she (like the rest of us) is a little sinner!!! She can tell you a few animal sounds, some of them she gets a little mixed up. For example, when you ask her what a puppy says she replies with a simple "shhhhhh" with her finger over her lips. Why does she do that you may be asking.... well thanks to nana telling her puppy to "shhhh" all the time Miss K thinks that is what a puppy says! Her favorite animal sound at this time is a duck, it says "CACK" very loudly usually! She knows a kitty cat says "meow", and that a cow goes "mooo", and my personal favorite is the elephant "phsss" with slobber going everywhere. She is a blessing in deed!

Things are going well for Justin and I. We are plugging right a long getting ready for the holidays! I was thinking about Christmas presents today and I realized I need to sit down and make a list so that I can get on the ball with what I want to make!!! Photography is going well I am staying busy and loving it! Thankful God has blessed me with this opportunity at this time!!

Last night I had the opportunity to finish up Philippians 4:10-23 for our ladies Bible Study. Our leader was sick and she asked me to fill in for her. I always enjoy teaching but this lesson hit home for me. I used the John McArthur commentary and he listed 5 principles of contentment that we can learn from Paul. I want to share them with you so that you might be encouraged!
1. A Content Person Is Confident In God's Providence
2. A Content Person Is Satisfied With Little
3. A Content Person Is Independent From Circumstances
4. A Content Person Is Strengthened By Divine Power
5. A Content Person Is Preoccupied With The Well-Being Of Others

There is a little food for thought for your day! I want to leave you with the Valley of Vision Prayer. This is something I have been pondering lately!

Lord, high and holy, meek and lowly, Thou hast brought me to the valley of vision, where I live in the depths but see Thee in the heights; hemmed in by mountains of sin I behold Thy glory. Let me learn by paradox that the way down is the way up, that to be low is to be high, that the broken heart is the healed heart, that the contrite spirit is the rejoicing spirit, that the repenting soul is the victorious soul, that to have nothing is to possess all, that to bear the cross is to wear the crown, that to give is to receive, that the valley is the place of vision. Lord, in the daytime stars can be seen from deepest wells, and the deeper the wells the brighter Thy stars shine; let me find Thy light in my darkness, Thy life in my death, Thy joy in my sorrow, Thy grace in my sin, Thy riches in my poverty, Thy glory in my valley.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Glad you are back blogging!
Marsha